Job Opportunity: Research Librarian
CKS Library, Siem Reap
Application Deadline: 30th March 2019
Duration: Full time and one-year contract (with possibility of extension)
Report to: Head librarian and Head of programs
Salary: Competitive salary on qualifications
CKS is looking for a qualified national candidate for the post of Research Librarian. This position will be based in Siem Reap at CKS headquarters in Wat Damnak. The Research Librarian will report to the Head librarian and Head of Program.
The mission of the Center for Khmer Studies (CKS) is to support research and teaching in the social sciences, arts and humanities as they relate to Cambodia. Since our founding in 1998, CKS has aimed to foster understanding of Cambodia and the Mekong region.
CKS brings the experience and strength of more than fifteen years operating in Cambodia along with established partnerships with local and international organizations. Operating from both Siem Reap (headquarters) and Phnom Penh, CKS offers a dynamic working environment with plenty of room for initiative, innovative thinking, professional empowerment, and rapid decision-making.
- Supervise Assistant Librarian
- Prepare monthly report
- Manage and update the database of library
- Catalog the books and enter them into the database
- Update both online catalogue and the wish-list
- Provide assistance to library users including scholars and researchers for book searching
- Maintain good communication with all partners
- Building up network with other libraries
- Hold a Bachelor degree, preferable in Management or Information Science.
- Have 2 years of working experience or 1 year in library
- Have computer skill (Microsoft office and internet searching skill)
- Have very good English in communication and writing.
- Have a good communication and presentation skills
- Have knowledge of Cambodian history, culture and Society etc is an asset.
- Have strong interest in library work
- Able to work as team
Interested qualified candidates should submit one-page cover letter and CV (2 pages max) to Daraneth.email@example.com with the email title of Application for the Post of Research Librarian.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.